Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Beginnings

It's been a while. In fact more then that. Basically I started this blog and then well... as you can see, it fizzled real quick. I don't think I was ready for the commitment, but now it's 2010 and I'm in a much different place.

Literally.
July 31, 2009, I moved from NYC to Manchester, UK. Definitely a change.

The first six months in Manchester I've been focusing more on my other performing identity,

1) because those were the opportunities that were most frequently coming my way
2) because it took me a while to learn the NYC and to a lesser extent, the US burlesque communities and I wasn't quite in the mood to start from scratch again

Well that's not totally true, I have met a few great burlesque folks in Manchester and actually was part of a show during the Whitby Goth Weekend on Halloween.

So I've dabbled, but I miss the glitter on a regular basis. And recommitting to this blog is my first step to focusing on creating a burlesque career for myself in my new country of residence. I don't want to just do burlesque when I return to the States.

Ahhh, new beginnings, so lovely, the fluttering in your belly and tingling in your heart.

See you soon, but for real this time.

peace and movement,
Miss AuroraBoobRealis


No comments: