Monday, January 14, 2013

Much delayed love letter to my blog

Hello again. It's been a while. More then a while actually, literally years and I've become a different version of myself since I've been gone. In fact I even started a new blog. One that I've put more time into and has more readers, but I realized that you, dear blog, are still important to this newer version of myself and so instead of letting you continue to sit dormant in cyberspace I am back, giving you a good dusting off and trying you on once again, like an old favorite costume. See the thing is this newer stronger version of myself is still passionate about burlesque and examining it from a critical perspective. I've always said that I am critical of the U.S. and many of our governmental policies not because I am anti-American as some would have you believe, but because I truly love the U.S., the people and I want the U.S. to be the best version of itself it can be. That is the same way I feel about burlesque. So I've come back to you with new experiences and understandings. I'm a mom now. My daughter is 15 months old and incredible. Having a daughter makes me more then ever want to help shape a world that is supportive and amazing for young women to be their whole selves. And I've just moved back to NYC after living in Manchester,UK for three and a half years where I did a bit of burlesque but focused more on my other forms of performance. Ironically my latest and most successful artistic creation to date, my new solo show Xenophobadelica, integrates burlesque into it and couldn't have been made without it. So although I haven't been gigging weekly in a burlesque context, I am a stronger, more confident and powerful performer, bursting with lots of new ideas for pieces. I am ready to go out and embrace the burlesque of this city again, see shows, be inspired, turned on, frustrated, annoyed and all of the other million feelings watching burlesque brings up for me. So stay tuned to this space. This blog is back, I'm back! Peace and movement, Miss AuroraBoobRealis

No comments: