Friday, November 7, 2008

a quiet moment of reflection before I dive into BurlyCon

It’s Friday morning and I’m sitting on my friend’s couch in Seattle, excited and just a bit nervous about tomorrow. Tomorrow is Saturday. And Saturday is the day I get to participate in a panel on cultural appropriation, racism and exoticism within burlesque at BurlyCon. I’m excited because this is a topic I’m passionate about, and nervous - not about what I’m gonna say, but because I’m wondering who will feel motivated to come to this panel, and I’m hoping honest conversation and communication will spring forth. With all that has happened nationally this week, I'm feeling inspired to build connections and bridges...

Stay tuned for more updates from BurlyCon throughout the weekend. Now it’s time for me to get ready and head over to the first day.

peace and pasties,
Aurora

No comments: