Wednesday, October 15, 2008

welcome to amidst the glitter - a brown woman's perspective

I remember in high school, and later in undergrad passionately debating the issue of when a black writer would ever be able to drop the label of "black" and just be a pure writer.

As if one could separate and dissect the various aspects of oneself, [the human heart can beat outside of our chests without any help for only a few fleeting moments]

Every artform I practice has always been tied to my experience of this world as a woman of color, a Black woman with a white mother, a woman of mixed heritage...

and burlesque is no different.

This blog is about the beautiful sexy world of the bump and grind - from a brown woman's perspective.

My goal is to write a new blog at least once a week, but sometimes it might be more if I'm feeling inspired.

peace and pasties,
Miss AuroraBoobRealis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh im so excited for all the coming entries!!!
this is gonna be such an awesome and much needed blog!!! thank you in advance!!!

Dr. Phil said...

So good to know you're doing this! Wonderful! I'll get someone with a paid account on LJ to set up a feed on there!

And, needless to say, wonderful to be back in touch! Much love, my dear! ;)